Tuesday, June 12, 2012

How Sweet it is...

Candy buffets have been such a big trend that's been around for several years now. I remember when I got married almost 5 years ago and they were beginning to pop up every where. What is it about a surplus of a variety of different candy that is so appealing to our guests? Is it the idea that they can take something home in lieu of a favor? Or is it the idea of bringing in a whimsical factor to your event that brings adult to that time when they were kids? The idea of a sweets table has definitely evolved since then.

Amy Atlas is to me the guru/goddess of any sweets table. She's taken the concept of desserts and taking it to a whole new level. I was really thrilled when I heard that she was writing a book and had to run to the nearest Barnes N Noble to pick up a copy the Tuesday it was released. Sweet Designs is such a fun read not only for the colorful images but just so inspiring with all the ideas that Amy was gracious enough to share with all of us. I didn't know this but Amy was a former lawyer who is now a sweets stylist - she knows how to re-invents all kinds of stunning dessert tables displayed to perfection. Her designs are always very vibrant & eye-popping which make her a favorite in the dessert styling world! These dessert tables are perfect for any events - weddings, birthdays, engagement parties, baby showers & more!

One of my favorite chapters in the book is this bee inspired table. So gorgeous!! Reminds me of one of my good friend - The Beeson's!!




Can you believe that runner is made out of Necco candy? Who would've thought? Just an imagineer like Amy of course.


<images via Amy Atlas, Amy Atlas' Pinterest & the book>

No comments:

Post a Comment